About this course
Welcome to Intellectual Property (IP) Essentials for Businesses.
This course is designed for participants who are/will be involved in supporting IP-related procedures, including registration, within their organisations in Singapore.
What you will learn
Specifically, this course aims to equip participants with the knowledge and skills to:
- Recognise various types of IP in accordance with organisational activity
- Analyse various types of IP in accordance with organisational procedures and requirements
- Support IP-related organisational procedures in collaboration with appropriate IP experts
- Apply IP knowledge in supporting implementation of procedures within their organisations for obtaining IP registration in Singapore
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Analyse various types of IP in accordance with organisational procedures
- Support organisational procedures in collaboration with appropriate IP experts
- Apply IP knowledge to support implementation of IP registration procedures in Singapore
- Explain the definition of IP
- List the types of IP
- Identify the sources of information about IP
- Explain the registration procedures, if any, of various types of IP in Singapore
This course does not have any pre-requisites. We do, however, make certain assumptions about your learning abilities, which we describe as assumed knowledge and skills. Learners in this course are assumed to:
- have analytical skills to identify applicable types of IP
- have communication skills to articulate various types of IP
- have information gathering skills to collate necessary data
- have organisational skills to support implementation of registration procedures in a timely manner
- have business ethics and integrity
Mr. Paul McClelland
He has experience working in private practice for both Singapore and Scottish law firms. His practice focused on intellectual property and commercial arbitration.
He also taught commercial law, intellectual property and real estate law at a Scottish university.