About This Course
This course seeks to equip participants with a basic understanding of how various aspects of Registered Designs law can be applied to support and drive businesses in achieving their business strategies and objectives.
What you'll learn
This course is designed for participants to understand how basic knowledge of registered design law can be applied to support an organisation’s activities.
This course aims to equip participants with the knowledge and skills to:
- Identify relevant aspects of the law of registered designs that are applicable to the organisation, in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Analyse how the law of registered designs can help drive an organisation’s strategies and objectives in relation to design registration.
- Assess potential courses of action to identify any business implications.
This course does not have any pre-requisites. We do, however, make certain assumptions about your learning abilities, which we describe as assumed knowledge and skills. Learners in this course are assumed to:
- have analytical skills to identify applicable types of IP
- have communication skills to articulate various types of IP
- have information gathering skills to collate necessary data
- have organisational skills to support implementation of registration procedures in a timely manner
- have business ethics and integrity
Meet the instructors
Mr. Ng Chong Yuan
Faculty, IP Academy
Ng Chong Yuan is a Singapore qualified Advocate & Solicitor and has diverse in-house work experience in technology businesses spanning over about a decade. Currently, as a faculty member of IP Academy, he is teaching and speaking on practice and management courses covering intellectual property (IP) and trade secrets.
Prior to joining IP Academy, he was practising law at an international law firm, specializing in Intellectual Property (IP), Technology and Commercial Laws. As part of this legal practice, he focused on advising and representing clients on broad portfolios of patent and trademark rights covering many jurisdictions around the world, including USA, EU, CN, SG and AU. His clients included international manufacturing firms, technology firms, foreign law firms and government agencies. His practice experience included IP prosecution, IP court litigation and IP advisory work.
With an engineering training, Chong Yuan has also tutored and conducted research at the engineering school of a Singapore university. He is also an inventor of a USA patent (no. 6853626).
Areas of Specialisation
Memberships and Associations
Frequently Asked Questions
What web browser should I use?
The Open edX platform works best with current versions of Chrome, Firefox or Safari, or with Internet Explorer version 9 and above.
See our list of supported browsers for the most up-to-date information.
Need technical support?
Click this link technical support.