About this course
This course seeks to equip participants with a basic understanding of how various aspects of Copyright law can be applied to support and drive businesses in achieving their business strategies and objectives.
What you will learn
This course is designed for participants to understand how basic knowledge of Copyright law is applied to support an organisation.
This course aims to equip participants with the knowledge and skills to:
- Identify relevant aspects of copyright law which are applicable to the organisation in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Analyse how copyright law can drive organisation’s copyright strategies and objectives.
- Assess potential courses of action to identify resulting business implications
This course does not have any prerequisites. We do, however, make certain assumptions about your learning abilities, which we describe as assumed knowledge and skills. Learners in this course are assumed to:
- have analytical skills to identify applicable types of IP
- have communication skills to articulate various types of IP
- have information gathering skills to collate necessary data
- have organisational skills to support implementation of registration procedures in a timely manner
- have business ethics and integrity
Mr. Ng Chong Yuan
Prior to joining IP Academy, he was practising law at an international law firm, specializing in Intellectual Property (IP) Law and Technology and Commercial Law. With an engineering training, Chong Yuan has also tutored and conducted research at the engineering school of a Singapore university. He is also an inventor of a USA patent (no. 6853626).