About this course
This course explains the importance of network design decisions. In designing a supply chain, it is important to consider how the supply chain drivers – facilities, transport, inventory, information, sourcing, and pricing – should be coordinated to support the competitive strategy of a firm and to maximise supply chain profits.
Credit Unit: 1
Kindly note that this course is exclusively available only for NSF.
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the factors to be considered when designing a distribution network.
- Apply an effective design option for a distribution network.
- Show how e-business can affect the design of distribution networks.
- Explain the role of transport in a supply chain.
- Apply an effective design option for a transport network.
- Show the trade-offs that shippers must consider when designing a transport network.
You must complete an online quiz with a passing score of 50% (i.e., 5 out of 10 questions). You will be given multiple attempts to achieve the passing score. The system will only capture the highest of the scores.