About this course
This course explains the importance of network design decisions. In designing a supply chain, it is important to consider how the supply chain drivers – facilities, transport, inventory, information, sourcing, and pricing – should be coordinated to support the competitive strategy of a firm and to maximise supply chain profits.
Kindly note that this course is exclusively available only for NSF.
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the factors to be considered when designing a distribution network.
- Apply an effective design option for a distribution network.
- Show how e-business can affect the design of distribution networks.
- Explain the role of transport in a supply chain.
- Apply an effective design option for a transport network.
- Show the trade-offs that shippers must consider when designing a transport network.
You must complete an online quiz with a passing score of 50% (i.e., 5 out of 10 questions). You will be given multiple attempts to achieve the passing score. The system will only capture the highest of the scores.