About this course
With inputs from AWWA, this course has been contextualized to give participants a basic understanding of the common cyber threats faced by internet users from the Social Service sector and the measures they can take to minimize their exposure to such threats.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Define what information security is
- Describe the CIA triad to understand the various aspects of information security
- Identify the various cyber risks when using the internet
- Explain the cybersecurity measures that are available to protect oneself from cyber risks
- Recognize these cybersecurity measures under different scenarios
- Distinguish scenarios where cybersecurity may be compromised
- Illustrate how the various cyber hygiene measures are important for cyber wellness and safety
- Apply the appropriate cyber hygiene measures to protect oneself from the various cyber threats
You must complete an online quiz with a passing score of 50% in order to be awarded a certificate. You will be given multiple attempts to achieve the passing score. The system will only capture the highest score.
Ms Cecilia Nathen
Cecilia Nathen has a Masters in Public Policy and Management. She is an adjunct lecturer with SUSS and teaches Cybersecurity and Digital Transformation. She also teaches foundation courses in Cybersecurity and Cloud Computing as part of Continuing Education and Training (CET) for adults. In addition, Cecilia does course development for educational institutions as well as writes both creative fiction and non-fiction for publication.