About this course
This course aims to provide you with an understanding of the fundamentals of project management. At the end of the course, you will determine the project life cycle as the framework to help project managers guide their projects from start to finish.
You will be able to recognise the importance of organisational cultures and be able to interpret the various project organisation structures which you can effectively use for project success. You will also be able to identify the components of a project scope checklist and use a Work Breakdown Structure to divide your project into smaller tasks for effective delegation. By understanding top-down and bottom-up estimating, you can effectively size up project tasks. Last but not least, you will be able to relate how a project network diagram can help you can schedule and complete projects on time.
For most effective learning experience, do the following: Do not attempt to complete the entire course in one sitting, split the learning into 30-minute session daily.
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Define the terms project and project management.
- Review the different project organisation structures.
- Identify the components of a Project Scope Checklist.
- Describe how to use the Work Breakdown Structure to divide the project into smaller elements.
- Compare Top Down Estimating with Bottom Up Estimating.
- Explain how to manage a project schedule with a project network diagram.
You must complete an online quiz with a passing score of 50% in order to be awarded a certificate. You will be given multiple attempts to achieve the passing score. The system will only capture the highest score.